It seems I'm finding new ways to use my new Workshop garage every day. I stash all of my heavy garden supplies in it, and even use it as a studio for building birdhouses.
The Hi Barn was the absolute perfect choice for me. I live in a small house with a decent amount of land, so it delivers all the storage I need.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina City Information
Winston-Salem Amish Garages Prices Articles
Amish Garages Prices We'll Design Your Garage Topics
Amish Garages Prices We'll Design Your Winston-Salem Garage Today Video
You can find Schema Services for Winston-Salem website owners here: Winston-Salem Schema Services
Winston-Salem - We'll Design Your Amish Garages Prices Garage Today References
North Carolina, port of entry, and seat of Forsyth county, in the Piedmont region of North Carolina, U.S. With High Point and Greensboro it forms the Piedmont Triad metropolitan area.Wait Chapel on the campus of Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Milt and Joan Mann/Cameramann International Winston-Salem was created in 1913 from two towns originally 1 mile (1.6 km) apart. Winston, founded in 1849 as the county seat, was named in 1851 for Major Joseph Winston, a Revolutionary War hero. Salem (from the Hebrewshalom , meaning 'peace') was laid out in 1766 by Moravian colonists in the centre of their Wachovia land tract; it was incorporated in 1856, when the land was sold to outsiders. Richard Joshua Reynolds founded his tobacco company there in 1875, and tobacco still dominates the city's diversified industry, which includes the manufacture of textiles, beer, food products, apparel, batteries, and swimming pool filters and pumps. In addition to manufacturing, Winston-Salem is a large financial centre with several banks headquartered there. Moravian Church, Winston-Salem, N.C. iStockphoto/Thinkstock The city is the home of Wake Forest University (1834), Salem College (1772), Winston-Salem State University (1892), Forsyth TechnicalCommunityCollege (1960), North Carolina School of the Arts (1963), and Piedmont Baptist College (1945). Old Salem, a replica of the original Moravian settlement, serves as an open-air museum, and Historic Bethabara Park is the site of the first Moravian settlement in the state. The Reynolda House Museum of American Art features American painting and sculpture from 1755 to the present in the former home of Reynolds. Hanging Rock and Pilot Mountain state parks are both just north of the city. Inc. city, 1913. Pop. (2000) 185, 776; Winston-Salem Metro Area, 421, 961; (2010) 229, 617; Winston-Salem Metro Area, 477, 717. Pilot Mountain, North Carolina. Ollie Keyworth
Prefabricated Garage Kits - Pros and Cons of a Prefab Garage
Prefabricated garage kits offer a quick and easy way for the do-it-yourselfer to add extra space. Most require no special skills or construction experience. They can be assembled with inexpensive tools just by following instructions. If you plan on hiring a contractor to build it for you, using a prefab garage kit can save you a great deal on labor costs, too.
There are a number of different types and styles available, as well as different building materials that can be used. Some packages are based on a pole building design, some use steel arches for the structure, and others are simply stick-frame buildings that already have the lumber pre-cut to size. For a summary of the different types that are available, click on the "Garage Building Kits" link on the left.
Prefabricated garage kits offer a number of different advantages over building one from scratch:
- The components are preassembled in a factory environment. This means that the components are more consistent. All the parts should be square and straight, making assembly on site easier.
- Prefab garage manufacturers buy materials in huge quantities, resulting in lower material cost. This allows them to manufacture the components and then sell them to you for not much more than you would pay for the raw materials in some cases.
- There is little to no waste for you to have to dispose of after it is built.
- There is no need to hire an architect or buy plans. The building has already been engineered for you. Many times, the building package will come with blueprints that can be taken directly to your local building authorities to obtain permits.
- Prefab garage kits can be erected in much less time than a conventional building. This means that there will be less exposure to the weather while it is being built. If you are hiring a contractor to build it for you, this also means a shorter period of time that you have strangers coming and going, and a shorter period of time that you have materials lying around that could be stolen.
There are a few limitations to using a prefabricated garage kit, though.
- Most prefab garages come only in certain length and width increments. It may not be possible to get one that is exactly the size you want. If you want one that is two feet longer or wider than a building that is offered, you may have to go up to the next size that is four or five feet larger. Some companies can accommodate custom sizes, but you will pay the price of one that is four or five feet larger.
- Most prefabricated garages are simple squares or rectangles. Some types of kits can be built in other shapes, but others cannot. If you need one that is "L" shaped or has other custom features, it can add significantly to the cost.
- Some types of prefabricated garages can only be one story. If you want an attic, loft or apartment, that will eliminate some types of prefab kits.
- Similarly, some types of kit are height limited. If you need room for a vehicle lift or RV parking, this will also limit your available choices. Many kits can be built on top of a stem wall though, which may give you enough height but adds to the cost and construction time.
- Many prefab garage kits require that your building site be accessible by a big truck. If you are two miles down a winding, narrow dirt road, this may limit your choices somewhat. The same thing goes for building one in a residential neighborhood where the houses are very close together. If there is no way for a truck and trailer to get to your back yard, you have to keep that in mind when making your choice.
One thing to note when you are considering a particular building package is to make sure you know exactly what is included and what is not. Some packages include garage doors, roofing materials, fasteners, etc., and others don't. If they don't, you will need to remember to add those items to the total cost.
Read More Here
We provide Amish Garages Prices services for residents and companies.
Related Statewide Reading Topics: North Carolina Amish Garages Prices Topics